Have you suffered from allergies?
Allergy season is typically a sectionated point in time where allergies flare up and are the worst. If you are anything like me, allergy season is year round, not just in the Spring. Allergy medicines are very helpful during this time, but many times they don’t seem to work. In addition to medicines prescribed by my Allergist, I concocted an at home remedy with essential oils (EO) to help me get through the Spring allergy season.
If you haven’t read my other blog post, What Is An Essential Oil start there. It describes what essential oils are and why you should use them. Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds that provides complex and versatile abilities to combat threats without building up resistance. The essential oils we will discuss are all apart of a recipe I will share for reducing allergy attacks.
The first EO we will talk about is Lavender. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume. The primary benefits of Lavender is:
- Its calming effect
- To soothe skin irritations when applied topically (wherever they may be),
- Reduce anxious feelings and promotes peaceful sleep when taken internally (add to pillows, bedding, and bottoms of the feet).
Lemon EO has multiple benefits and uses. Its primary benefits include:
- Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
- Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion when ingested
- Supports healthy respiratory function when used internally
- Uplifting aroma promotes a positive mood
- Assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort
The final essential oil for this recipe is my absolute favorite, Peppermint EO. Peppermint is known to:
• When ingested, promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing
• Promotes digestive health when taken internally
2 drops Lavender
2 drops Lemon
2 drops Peppermint
Fractionated Coconut oil or any other Carrier Oil
- Using a 10 ml roller ball, add the EO to it and fill the remainder with a carrier oil
- Roll on your temple, chest, and even the soles of your feet before bedtime
Try it, and let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.